Research & Publications
ICGN publishes a journal; Corporate Standards: An International Research Journal of Corporate Governance (IRJCG); Discussion Papers and a Newsletter: The Corporate Examiner. These publications are regularly available to members and non-members.
The Editorial Board
The Editorial Board of the Institute oversees the production of all the publications of the Institute. The Editorial Board is headed by Dr. Elewechi Okike.
CALL FOR RESEARCH PAPERS
(Academic and Professional)
The Institute of Corporate Governance (ICG), Nigeria, is an accredited Institute established under CAM Act of 1990 of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. ICG is a globally recognised and an integrated national professional body in Nigeria. It is formed by a team of professionals, experts and academics from both the private and public sectors. Our goal is to promote global best corporate governance standards and principles in Nigeria and globally. The Institute is formed to be one of the chief drivers of global best corporate governance standards and principles.
In furtherance of our noble goal of promoting global best corporate governance practice, we are in the process of publishing a research journal titled: Corporate Standards: An International Research Journal of Corporate Governance (IRJCG).
This research journal is conceived with a view of providing a platform for members and non- members who are in academia and others in practice (Consultant, Practitioners, and policy makers) who are interested in research work in corporate governance to contribute to knowledge and skill development as well as provide information on new developments and thinking in corporate governance. The aim of the Corporate Standards: An International Research Journal of Corporate Governance is to publish First - in – Class Scholarly and Practitioner friendly international research on the subject of corporate governance. We have a broad and global approach to corporate governance. Hence, the Institute defines corporate governance as a system by which corporate entities are directed and controlled so as to ensure corporate value creation through equitable, accountable, responsible and transparent generation, distribution and protection of the rights, interests and wealth of stakeholders and the corporate entity. Therefore, apart from research work on key issues of corporate governance, research work from any other field (law, management, economics, accounting, financial management, banking and finance, insurance, sociology, political science, education, science and technology etc) is welcomed, provided they have bearing with corporate governance. As this is an International Journal, researches dealing on both local and international governance issues are welcomed.
We are therefore, using this medium to call for research papers for publication in the journal from experts in the academia and in practice – Professors, Lecturers, Professionals, Independent Researchers and Students.
Research Paper Guidelines
All research papers to be submitted should comply with the following guidelines:
N.B.: Note the quality of materials submitted by researchers will be considered in the selection of Consultants/Resource Persons to facilitate in our local and international projects and programmes.
Social Science Research Network's electronic journals containing abstracts of working papers and accepted journal articles related to corporate governance (from the Legal Scholarship Network (LSN) and the Financial Economics Network (FEN)):
· Corporate Law: Finance and Corporate Governance Law Abstracts (e-journal)
· Corporate Finance: Governance, Corporate Control and Organization Abstracts (electronic journal)
· Corporate Governance: International Research (listing of selected readings- books and journals articles published worldwide - compiled by the World Bank)
· Related journals include the Corporate Governance Bulletin, CGI: Corporate Governance International (Sweet & Maxwell Asia), Corporate Governance - An International Review (Blackwell), Journal of Corporate Finance (Elsevier), and the Bank and Corporate Governance Law Reporter (Computer Law Reporter, Inc. at http://www.lawreporters.com/bcglr.htm), some of which are covered by the CARL UnCover journal tables of contents service at http://uncweb.carl.org/.
· and "Improving Corporate Governance: Lessons from the European Community", Benjamin T. Lo, Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies (Fall 1993) http://www.law.indiana.edu/glsj/vol1/lo.html